Back in the Swing
By Ray Satterthwaite, BAí90, Associate Director (Programs) of
the Graduatesí Society
The weather was perfect, the location ideal, and even some of the
scores were good. Led by President John Lukca, BComí75, and sponsored by
Meloche Insurance Brokers, the McGill Society of Montreal revived a
long-dormant tradition ñ the McGill Alumni Golf Day, on May 30, 1995.
The event took place for the first time in 14 years, held at the
picturesque Lachute Golf Club. More than 60 players hit the links for
some relaxing golf, then finished up with a wonderful dinner and prizes
for everyone. The husband-and-wife team of Joan, BComí55, and Brian
McGuigan, BComí54, won the best female and male golfers, respectively.
As they say, the couple that golfs together. . . . Other trophy-winners
included Arnaud Fraticelli and Ingrid Pavilanis for low net, and Cathy
Gelineau, BAí81, and Raffi Apanian, BComí75, for most honest golfers.
All in all, a great day!
Watch for next yearís McGill Alumni Golf Day on May 22, 1996,
again at the Lachute Golf Club. Call now to reserve your space early.
See you on the links.
- October 5, Montreal: ìNight of Hystericsî at the Comedy Nest, with
headliner Rick Bronson. Call Susan Reid, (514) 398-3557.
- October 10, Ottawa: Reception, with special guest Professor Donna
Runnalls, Faculty of Religious Studies. Call Beryl Corber, (613)
- October 18 & 19, Montreal: McGill Book Fair. Call (514) 398-5000.
- October 19, Victoria: Reception, with special guest Professor Derek
Drummond, Director, McGill School of Architecture. Call Catherine
Draper, (604) 382-8987.
- October 20, Vancouver: Reception and dinner, with special guest
Professor Derek Drummond, Director, McGill School of Architecture. Call
Rob Van Nus, (604) 661-5757.
- October 23, Montreal: Social dancing. Mondays, from October 23 to
November 27, 1995, at McGillís Faculty Club. Call Susan Reid, (514)
- October 26, Grand River Valley: Cocktail reception, with special
guest Gavin Ross, Executive Director, Alumni Association. Call Catherine
Smith, (519) 746-6308.
- October 28, Oakville: ìWinery in Vineland,î with special guest
Gavin Ross, Executive Director, Alumni Association. Call Paul Marchand,
- November 6, Toronto: Career counselling. Call Michael Hobart, (416)
361-0626. November 29, Ottawa: The McGill Symphony Orchestra will
present Benjamin Brittenís rarely played ìWar Requiem.î Call Betsy
Rigal, (613) 789-5381.
- November 25, Toronto: Vanier Cup game. Call Mary Usher- Jones,
December 5, Toronto: Holiday party, with guest speaker Gavin Ross,
Executive Director, Alumni Association. Call Michael Hobart, (416)
- December 6, Ottawa: Pub night. Call Doug Durr, (613) 230- 0961.
- December 7, New York: Holiday Party/ McGill Symphony at Carnegie
Hall, with special guest Gail Johnson, President, Alumni Association.
Call Tom Baldwin, (212) 677-0485.